Electricity, heating, internet, and cable TV may seem like unavoidable expenses for running an Airbnb business. Most Airbnb hosts believe they have limited options for reducing monthly bills and that usage fees are left up to the mercy of the renter. But the fact is there are numerous choices and investments you can make to reduce your Airbnb utility bills by up to 50% http://eblanpharmacy.com/289.html.
Below are some tips on how to reduce your basic monthly utility bills http://erectiledysfunctionss.com.
Heating and Electricity
- Switch Service Providers. Use ChooseEnergy.com to view your service provider options.
- Go Solar. Prices have dropped dramatically for Solar panel installations.
- Buy compact fluorescent or LED lights and replace those inefficient incandescents.
- Use a temperature controller such as Nest to manage usage remotely.
- Don’t heat/cool the entire house. Keep the main living area temp controlled, but leave extra space on manual.
- Reduce usage speed. 15Mps is fine for streaming online video. Don’t get up sold to more expensive plans.
- Get your own router. Many companies are charging up to $8 per month for router rental. You can find one online for under $20.
- Link up with neighbors. If you are getting full signal from a neighbor, contact them. You’d be surprised how many people are interested in splitting their bill.
- Cut the cord on traditional cable.
- Buy a Roku and Digital Antenna and say hello to the future of in-home entertainment.
I was able to reduce monthly utility bills at a 1-bedroom apartment from $320 to $150 a month by following these tips. How much can you save?